Pillowtop Hammock - Spectrum Mist
Pillowtop Hammock - Spectrum Mist
- Product Info
**STAND SOLD SEPARATELY**
The Hatteras Hammocks pillowtop hammocks are two ample sheets of compellingly designed all-weather fabric sandwiching fluffy layers of pillowy polyester fiberfill batting, promising lavish reclining in soft-to-skin comfort.
Materials and Manufacturing
Not only is the craftsmanship of our hammocks the highest level of quality, we choose to use the highest quality outdoor fabrics and materials as well. Therefore, we choose Sunbrella performance fabrics. Sunbrella branded fabric is the leader in outdoor fabric. It is 100% solution dyed acrylic, which means the fibers of the fabric are dyed in a color before they are woven into fabric. Sunbrella is not printed or dyed after the fabric is made. Sunbrella is water resistant and will not fade. You can even soak it in bleach and the color will remain the same.
DuraCord rope is used for the ring knots. This binds the bed of the hammock to the spreader bar and ultimately connects the hammock to the stand or tree. Duracord itself is expressly designed to be weather-tough, and is resistant to abrasion, rot, mold and mildew, yet is nonetheless as soft as cotton to the touch. Our three-ply DuraCord rope is precision-wound to exceed even U.S. military specifications for strength, and because the rope is solution-dyed, it's also resistant to staining and fading. In fact, there's no more colorfast rope available today.
Each hammock features two thick Cumaru spreader bars. Amongst the hardest and densest woods on the planet, Cumaru naturally ages from a beautiful brown to silvery-grey over time. Supporting each hammock is zinc-plated steel hanging hardware, providing style and worry-free hang that allows you to lay back and relax on your hammock without a care in the world.
The O-rings, chains, and tree hooks are zinc plated steel. We needed to have the strength of steel and a corrosion barrier for our hardware to be safe and withstand the elements of the weather.
Bobbins are used in our quilting machine for a lockstitch of polyester thread. There are many different types of stitching yet we use lockstitch because of the tenacity and strength it adds to the stitch. This is a very important part to the bed of the fabric hammocks. Polyester thread is important for the outdoors as the threads will hold up to the elements.
These materials have been carefully chosen for our products and are the best on the market. We, unlike others, find the best to make the best. We are thrilled to be the leading USA hammock manufacturer, which allows us to offer you the top of the line hammocks.
So what are you waiting for? Turn your backyard into a calming, relaxing oasis.
- Durable Fabrics: All-Weather and Solution-Dyed Synthetic Sunbrella® and DuraCord® Fabrics are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew.
- Cumaru Spreader Bar: Brazilian hardwood, similar to teak, is 5 times denser than pine, cedar, and redwood. Ages naturally to a beautiful silver grey. Exclusive to Hatteras Hammocks.
- Rolled Rim Grommets: One-of-a-kind grommet, when compared to telescoping grommets used by most of our competitors, that creates a more secure bond between fabric and ring knot.
- Zinc Plated Hardware: We plate all our hanging hardware, with zinc to protect against rust and ensure an overall longer outdoor life.
- Eco-Friendly: Polyester fiberfill filling made from recycled soda bottles is found inside the hammock. The fiberfill is a nonabsorbent material allowing water to drain through and provide quick drying.
- Handcrafted in the Carolinas: Manufactured and assembled in Greenville, NC using the finest parts and industry leading techniques.