ABOUT CERAMIC GLAZED VOLCANIC STONE AND LAVA STONE
Both volcanic stone and lava stone possess excellent qualities for outdoor (and indoor) use. They are stain repellent, UV-stable and resistant to heat, frost, mold and mildew. Our lava stone is taken from slabs sourced in Sicilian quarries, and the volcanic stone or “peperino” is from mid-Italy. As each piece of stone has its own unique characteristics and hand-painting is never uniform, no two pieces will ever be exactly alike. All colors, patterns, and designs were created under the inspiration from nature’s elements.
• Care should be taken when opening and unloading all packages and crates. Items will often shift in transit and attention must be paid to careful opening and unpacking.
• Never leave a table top upright and unsecured or unmonitored.
• Due to the nature of stone, tops can be extremely heavy. Use an adequate number of persons for moving and handling.
• During assembly, moving, and handling, use blankets or padding to prevent surface damages to table tops, edges, and powder coated frame finishes.
• Do not use any abrasive sponges, steel brushes, wonder sponge or any abrasive/caustic cleaning products.
• Do not use a high pressure cleaner nor a steamer.
• Do not break any hard surface “bubbles” on table tops. For more information, see FAQs.
• Never leave furniture in standing water.
• Tables should only be used for their intended purpose: dining, coffee/ occasional table. Under no circumstances should any persons sit or stand on the table. Domiziani America is not responsible for any damages or injuries as a result of misuse.
Regular cleaning is necessary to remove dirt from the surface in order to prevent the buildup of surface grease and environmental contaminants; cleaning frequency will be determined by use and climate conditions. Cleaning is simple with warm, clear water and a mild, pH-neutral fluid detergent. Use a wet sponge or microfiber cloth to wipe down the table and base frame. Rinse with fresh water and clean sponge/ cloth, dry and polish with a clean microfiber cloth. Spills should be wiped clean immediately. To remove moderate to severe atmospheric staining, it is safe to infrequently use a non-acidic alkaline limestone cleaning gel.
• To protect your ceramic or glazed lava stone top, we recommend applying a ceramic protector product once a year, which will act as a conditioner, intensifying the color and reducing the adhesion of dirt and stains.
• Make sure that the surface is completely clean, dust-free and dry before applying the product.
• Moisten a microfiber cloth with the ceramic protector and apply a layer to the surface, ensuring full and even coverage with fast circular movements.
• Allow the surface to dry for a few minutes and then polish the surface with a clean microfiber cloth.
To keep your furniture looking its best, you may wish to store or cover your furniture when not in use for extended periods. Use only breathable covers.